Father's Day is coming which means two things,
1. I have to take a second to share the wonder that is Steven Roberts (my Dad) with you all.
2. My heart breaks because this day is hard for so many of you who have lost your Father's. I know Fathers day can feel like a huge giant slap in the face when you have to watch everyone humble brag about how grateful they are that they get to celebrate their Dad's in person. It's not fair and it sucks. Try to find a way to celebrate even though your Fathers, Husbands, Uncles, Grandfathers, Best Friends or loved ones aren't with us anymore. Hang in there, I know it's going to be a rough day.
Now let's talk Steve Roberts. What's so special about Steve Roberts? EVERYTHING. My Dad is comedy Gold. He's a legend to my friends because #SteveRoberts isn't just another Dad, he's Steve Roberts. He always has us rolling on the floor laughing with his subtle sense of humor and he uses more big words than I know what to do with. (One time when I was moving apartments, my roommates and I had to sit on the floor with a dictionary and re-transcribe his email so that it was understandable.) Now thanks to Social Media we ALL get to enjoy the 8th wonder of the world, my dad, #SteveRoberts. Here are 19 times my dad Steve Roberts was the funniest dad ever and won everything.
1. That time he took a throwback to share not 1 but 2 life lessons.
2. Or when Steve Roberts made dirt into grass like a boss.
3. Or how about that time he wasn't afraid to #HumbleBrag about his drought tolerant front yard.
4. Steve Roberts isn't afraid to stop and smell the flowers while simultaneously throwing in some alma mater pride. (Go Bears, beat Stanford.)
5. That time he wasn't afraid of displaying his patriotic due diligence.
6. Or all those times he gave safety tips. (Bonus points to my Mom for sharing hers as well.)
7. When he put young College Kelly on blast for dropping F bombs.
8. When he wasn't afraid to give Facebook some constructive criticism. (We feel ya Dad, Facebook can be frustrating.)
9. When he wasn't afraid to say how much he loves winning. ("You're a Roberts, the good lord came down and gave you magical golfing abilities.")
10. When he didn't drop the formalities. ("Hello Kelly this is your father, Steven Roberts. It is (insert time) EST and (insert time) PST on (insert date)."-How my Dad starts every voice mail when he calls.)
11. When he knew how to make a lady feel real special.
12. When he stared crisis in the face and said, "Go to Disneyland."
13. When he made our dreams come true.
14. When he dropped a serious truth bomb before I ran my first marathon.
15. When he wasn't afraid to say, #NoFilter.
16. When he decided to join the Snapchat.
17. Or that time he invested in success.
18. The man knows how to get down on the dance floor.
19. But most importantly, all the times he told the world just how much he loves us.
God bless #SteveRoberts.
Happy Father's Day everyone. Until next time, #RunSelfieRepeat.