When the going gets tough, remember why you run. Here are 12 inspiring quotes that any runner can relate to:
1. The First Step is the Hardest But It's Oh So Worth It.
2. "The Starting Point of All Achievement is Desire. Keep This Constantly in Mind. Weak Desires Bring Weak Results, Just As A Small Amount of Fire Makes a Small Amount of Heat." -Napoleon Hill
3. The Greatest Pleasure in Life is Doing What People Say You Cannot Do.
4. The Greatest Pleasure in Life Isn't Just Doing What People Say You Cannot Do, It's Achieving What You Thought You Couldn't Do.
5. The Voice In Your Head That Says You Can't Do This Is A Liar.
6. Redefine Your Impossible Every Single Day.
7. It Never Gets Easier You Just Get Stronger.
8. You Don't Have To Run Fast, You Just Have to Go.
9. Do It For The Looks People Give You When You Tell Them How Far You Ran Yesterday.
10. "It's Very Hard To Understand In The Beginning That The Whole Idea Is Not To Beat The Other Runners. Eventually You Learn That The Competition Is Against The Little Voice Inside You That Wants You To Quit." - George Sheehan
11. I May Not Be The Strongest, I May Not Be The Fastest, But I'm Sure As Hell Trying My Hardest.
and last but not least (and my personal favorite)
12. Pain is Temporary. Instagram Photos Last Forever.
No one runs a half marathon because it's easy. Personally I continue to throw my money at half marathons to remind myself that pain is temporary, that I am so much more than I think I am, and that my limits don't exist. It's one foot in front of the other. It doesn't matter if you run slowly, sprint, skip, hop, or crawl, you'll make it to the finish line. You already signed up, now you just have to keep going. Until tomorrow, #RunSelfieRepeat.