Running a half marathon is no easy feat! It requires discipline, courage and just the right amount of crazy! Are you getting ready to run 13.1? Here are the 13 worst parts about training for your first half marathon --
1. Not knowing what you're doing.
2. Feeling like you're dying after a few miles.
3. Being sore ALL THE TIME.
4. Fearing every single long run.
5. Wondering if it will ever get easier.
6. Spending all your money on cute running clothes.
"If I have to run 10 miles this weekend, I want to look cute doing it."
7. Trying energy gels for the first time.
8. Discovering what "runners trots" are.
Hell hath no fury like an uncooperative stomach.
9. Having a bad run and feeling utterly hopeless.
"I'll never be ready. This is impossible."
10. Feeling hungry every second of every day.
THE RUNGER IS REAL!
11. Talking to other runners and not understanding a word that comes out of their mouths.
Lactate threshold? Hill repeats? Yasso 800s? Bookend miles? What the hell are you even saying!
12. Wasting all of your spare time reading articles on running blogs and Runners World.
13. Experiencing the insanity of a taper.
But it's all worth it because before you know it, you're crossing the finish line of your very first half marathon and you remember back to when you thought it was impossible. And you'll find yourself saying, "When can I do that again!" Until next time, #RunSelfieRepeat.